Mereco Introduces Metrethane 4721, a New, Low Durometer Polyurethane Elastomer
Posted: Sep 22, 1999
Mereco Technologies Group announces the introduction of Mereco Metrethane™ 4721, a new, two component, low viscosity polyurethane elastomer that has been specifically designed for potting cable connectors where excellent resistance to salt water and fuel oils is needed, potting keypad sensors, and repairs in the telecommunications industry. When cured, Metrethane™ 4721 becomes a soft, tack free elastomer, designed for use where embedded circuitry must be checked visually and with test probes. Metrethane™ 4721 also provides a low strain free shock absorbing cushion for delicate parts over a wide temperature range.
Metrethane™ 4721 offers the following properties:
- Soft, tack free, low strain, 15 Shore A durometer repairable elastomer
- Protects components from internal stresses, excellent shock absorbing properties
- Excellent performance in demanding thermal shock and thermal cycling tests
- Excellent resistance to salt water and most fuel oils
- Prevents inductance drop after potting
- Low, flowable mixed viscosity @ 1,400 - 1,600 centipoise
For more information contact us Mereco Technologies,
1-800-556-7164 or e-mail requests to email@example.com.